Animation For BeginnersMorr Meroz
The most popular and best selling digital media ebooks at the Apple iBookstore.
Chart of the top digital media ebook best sellers was last updated:
Animation For BeginnersMorr Meroz
A new edition of Bloop Animation’s popular animation guidebook packed with the latest recommendations and insights on how to turn your artistic passion into a professional film career! If you are an aspiring animator considering a career in film production or are curious about what it takes to make animated shorts, this is the book for you! Animation for Beginners is a comprehensive and modern introduction to the art and business of 3D animation from Bloop Animation founder, filmmaker, graphic novel author, and teacher Morr Meroz. With this guide, Meroz reveals a behind-the-scenes view of the pre-production, production, and post-production process along with an introduction to the skills you need and the different types of animation across the film industry. Along with these basics, you will learn: The 12 Principles of Animation The 8 Genres of Animated Shorts Writing an Animated Feature Film Career Paths for Animators and Tips on Starting a Career in Animation As a graduate of the School of Visual Arts and an animation professional, Meroz demystifies the business side of filmmaking with real-world advice for creating a compelling demo reel and portfolio site, hunting for a first job, and considering the pros and cons of freelancing versus working full-time. This is a perfect gift for illustrators, graphic designers, film students, and film industry professionals interested in how to “make it” as animators.
You Got AirPods! Now What?Scott La Counte
You got AirPods! Great! Congradulations! Now what?! If you haven't noticed, there's no manual in the box. Yes, there's a little reference that quickly walks you through key features, but there's nothing about changing the settings. This book will cover all of that so you can get the most out of your investment. It will also walk you through Apple Music so you can get the best listening experience possible! Some of the topics covered in this short book include: What's the difference between regular and Pro AirPods? Setting up automatically and manually pairing Changing gestures Accessibility features And more! Ready to get listening? Let's go!
Final Cut Pro Efficient EditingIain Anderson
A comprehensive, best practice guide from Apple Certified Trainer Iain Anderson, with illustrated step-by-step instructions to explore a Final Cut Pro editing workflow from shoot to delivery Key Features Explore the best ways to use FCP, from importing and editing to finishing and exporting the final cutUnlock the power of editing in the magnetic timeline to make huge changes or subtle adjustments easilyFinish your project with pro-level color correction, effects, transitions, audio, titles, and captions Book Description Final Cut Pro (also known as FCP, previously Final Cut Pro X) is Apple's efficient and accessible video editing software for everyone, offering powerful features that experienced editors and novices will find useful. FCP is the quickest way to transform your raw clips into a finished piece, so if speed is important, make this a key tool in your editing arsenal. Final Cut Pro Efficient Editing is a comprehensive best practice guide for all editors. You'll not only learn how to use the features but also find out which ones are the most important and when you should use them. With the help of practical examples, the book will show you how typical footage can be assembled, trimmed, colored, and finessed to produce a finished edit, exploring a variety of techniques. As you progress through the book, you'll follow a standard editing workflow to get the feel of working on real-world projects and answer self-assessment questions to make sure that you're on track. By the end of this Final Cut Pro book, you'll be well versed with the key features of this app and have all the tools you need to create impressive edits. What you will learn Understand the media import process and delve into media managementEffectively organize your footage so you can find the right shot quicklyDiscover how to assemble a rough cut editExplore trimming and advanced editing techniques to finesse and finalize the editEnhance the edit with color correction, effects, transitions, titles, captions, and much moreSweeten the audio by controlling volume, using compression, and adding effectsShare the final edited video and archive the job Who this book is for The book is for creative professionals, anyone starting out in video editing, and editors switching to Final Cut Pro from another video editing system. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you'll find this FCP book useful. All you need to get started is familiarity with macOS.
Pro Tools 2020 - How it WorksEdgar Rothermich
"Pro Tools 2020 - How it Works" (v2020.11) the best book for learning Pro Tools, no matter whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user. This massive 1,160 pages book filled with unique graphics, diagrams, and examples makes it easy to understand even the more advanced topics. This book also includes all the features of Pro Tool | Ultimate that are clearly marked. This is the 20th book in the bestselling series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals". Readers love this uniques way of leaning applications no matter how easy or complicated the app might be. Here are some responses from satisfied customers: "I wish all the manuals on software were like yours!" - Giovanni C. "You have the gift of making difficult concepts understandable" - William B. "Your style is the most informative and clear I have ever seen" - Mark D. "Great stuff Edgar! I bought your other Logic GEM books and love em..." - fform "Thank you so much for your fantastic guides; I've learned so much!" - Brandon B. "I love your manuals." - Eli. UNDERSTAND , not just LEARN That is the motto of the book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (GEM). They're a new type of manual with a visual approach that helps you UNDERSTAND a program, not just LEARN it. No need to read through 500 pages of dry text explanations. Rich graphics and diagrams help you to get that "aha" effect and make it easy to comprehend difficult concepts. The Graphically Enhanced Manuals help you master a program much faster with a much deeper understanding of concepts, features and workflows in a very intuitive way that is easy to understand
Beginner's Guide to SOLIDWORKS 2021 - Level IAlejandro Reyes MSME
• Designed to teach new users the basic concepts of SOLIDWORKS and good solid modeling techniques • Uses a task oriented approach to learning SOLIDWORKS • Focuses on the processes to complete the modeling of a part, instead of individual commands • Covers commands found on the CSWA exam and includes a practice test This book is intended to help new users learn the basic concepts of SOLIDWORKS and good solid modeling techniques in an easy to follow guide. It is a great starting point for those new to SOLIDWORKS or as a teaching aid in classroom training to become familiar with the software’s interface, basic commands and strategies as users complete a series of models while learning different ways to accomplish a particular task. At the end of this book, you will have a fairly good understanding of the SOLIDWORKS interface and the most commonly used commands for part modeling, assembly and detailing after completing a series of components and their 2D drawings complete with Bill of Materials. The book focuses on the processes to complete the modeling of a part, instead of focusing on individual software commands or operations, which are generally simple enough to learn. Throughout this book the author introduces you to new commands that are required to pass the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate exam, as listed on the SOLIDWORKS website. A dedicated chapter provides you with details about the exam, as well as a practice test to help you prepare for the actual exam. SOLIDWORKS is an easy to use CAD software that includes many time saving tools that will enable new and experienced users to complete design tasks faster than before. Most commands covered in this book have advanced options, which may not be covered in this book. This is meant to be a starting point to help new users to learn the basic and most frequently used commands. Table of Contents Introduction 1. The SOLIDWORKS Interface 2. Part Modeling 3. Special Features: Sweep, Loft and Wrap 4. Detail Drawing 5. Assembly Modeling 6. Assembly and Design Table Drawings 7. Animation and Rendering 8. Analysis: SimulationXpress 9. CSWA: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Practice Test 10. Collaboration: eDrawings Appendix Index
Beginner's Guide to SOLIDWORKS 2021 - Level IIAlejandro Reyes MSME
• Designed to teach intermediate users advanced topics and techniques • Covers sheet metal, surfacing, top-down design, parametric modeling, mold design, welded structures and more • Uses a task oriented approach to learning SOLIDWORKS • Covers commands found on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced and Expert Exams Beginner’s Guide to SOLIDWORKS 2021 – Level II starts where Beginner’s Guide – Level I ends, following the same easy to read style, but this time covering advanced topics and techniques. The purpose of this book is to teach advanced techniques including sheet metal, surfacing, how to create components in the context of an assembly and reference other components (Top-down design), propagate design changes with SOLIDWORKS’ parametric capabilities, mold design, welded structures and more while explaining the basic concepts of each trade to allow you to understand the how and why of each operation. The author uses simple examples to allow you to better understand each command and environment, as well as to make it easier to explain the purpose of each step, maximizing the learning time by focusing on one task at a time. This book is focused on the processes to complete the modeling of a part, instead of focusing on individual software commands or operations, which are generally simple enough to learn. At the end of this book, you will have acquired enough skills to be highly competitive when it comes to designing with SOLIDWORKS, and while there are many less frequently used commands and options available that will not be covered in this book, rest assured that those covered are most of the commands used every day by SOLIDWORKS designers. The author strived hard to include many of the commands required in the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced and Expert exams as listed on the SOLIDWORKS website. Table of Contents Introduction 1. Multi Body Parts, Editing and Other Tools 2. Sheet Metal and Top Down Design 3. 3D Sketch and Weldments 4. Surfacing and Mold Tools Final Comments Index
AutoCAD 2021 for the Interior DesignerDean Muccio
• No prior AutoCAD experience is required • Created specifically for interior designers and classroom use • Uses interior space planning tutorials • Focused around a hotel suite project • Covers AutoCAD for both Macs and PCs Focused around a hotel suite project, AutoCAD 2021 for the Interior Designer provides the Interior Design student with a non-intimidating, tutorial based approach to learning the AutoCAD program. It accomplishes this by taking students that have no computer design experience from simple commands to complete projects in this single-semester sized text. This well organized and progressive approach to learning AutoCAD sets this text apart from others. To support all users, this book covers AutoCAD for both Macs and PCs. The emphasis of this book is on easy to understand descriptions and instructions, allowing the non-technical, artistic, visual learning Interior Design student to quickly get past the fear of using the computer to produce drawings. The focus is entirely on the use of AutoCAD for the Interior Design field and not simply architectural drawings. Chapters alternate between command descriptions, which are organized by a command set category, and tutorials. This allows students to easily refer back to command descriptions without hunting through a tutorial that introduces commands as it progresses. The emphasis is on the practical use of commands using the AutoCAD ribbon workspace, rather than the multiple (and seldom used) command options. Multiple tutorials of the hotel suite, which includes floor plan, elevation views, dimensioning, and plotting, provide a practical application of the commands learned in the preceding chapters. Completely dimensioned drawings are provided at the beginning of each tutorial so that the advanced student, or an instructor led class, can complete them without going through the step-by-step process. This textbook is classroom proven, and relevant interior design homework problems are provided. After completing this book, the student will be able to create all their 2-D Interior Design work using AutoCAD. Table of Contents 1. Getting Started with AutoCAD 2. Setting up and Intro to AutoCAD 3. Commands - Set 1: Drawing Constructions - Getting Started 4. Hotel Suite Project - Tutorial 1 5. Commands - Set 2: Working with Your Drawing 6. Hotel Suite Project - Tutorial 2 7. Commands - Set 3: Laying out Your Drawing for Printing 8. Hotel Suite Project - Tutorial 3 9. Commands - Set 4: Re-Using Objects and Getting Organized 10. Hotel Suite Project - Tutorial 4 11. Commands - Set 5: Annotating Your Drawing 12. Hotel Suite Project - Tutorial 5 13. Commands - Set 6: Creating and Editing Schedules 14. Commands - Set 7: Creating Curves and Rendering 15. Miscellaneous - Techniques, Commands and Options Index
Final Cut Pro X 10.4 - How It WorksEdgar Rothermich
" Final Cut Pro X 10.4 - How It Works " explains the new version of Final Cut Pro X (version 10.4.3) in great details with lots of graphics and diagrams that are not found in any other publication or any videos. This is a completely revised and extended version of the previous best-selling books "Final Cut Pro X - How it Works" and "Final Cut Pro X - The Details" with in-depth explanations of all the new features like Roles and Lanes, Captions, 360° Video, plus unique illustrations on how metadata-based audio works in Final Cut Pro. Unlike the previous two books, "Final Cut Pro X - How it Works" and "Final Cut Pro X - The Details", this new book, "Final Cut Pro X 10.4 - How it Works", covers the entire content of Final Cut Pro X on 1008 pages. This book provides not only the easiest and fastest way to learn Final Cut Pro X, the user will also understand its unique concepts and functionality. In addition, the 400-word Glossary, hyperlinked throughout the book, allows you to read the book regardless of your level of experience. "I wish all the manuals on software were like yours!" - Giovanni C. "You have the gift of making difficult concepts understandable" - William B. "Your style is the most informative and clear I have ever seen" - Mark D. "Great stuff Edgar! I bought your other Logic GEM books and love em..." - fform "Thank you so much for your fantastic guides; I've learned so much!" - Brandon B. "I love your manuals." - Eli. UNDERSTAND , not just LEARN That is the motto of the book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (GEM). They're a new type of manual with a visual approach that helps you UNDERSTAND a program, not just LEARN it. No need to read through 500 pages of dry text explanations. Rich graphics and diagrams help you to get that "aha" effect and make it easy to comprehend difficult concepts. The Graphically Enhanced Manuals help you master a program much faster with a much deeper understanding of concepts, features, and workflows in a very intuitive way that is easy to understand
Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D For DummiesJulie Adair King
Your Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D photography class—in a book! The Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D offers DLSR users a tool to take photographs truly worth bragging about. This book gives you the pointers and easy-to-follow instruction you need to make sense of your new camera and start taking those stunning shots—right out of its box. First, it demystifies all the photography terms the pros use, explains your Canon camera's menus and settings, and shows how to take control of color, focus, and lighting. Once you have a grasp on those skills, you can apply your newfound knowledge to get better portraits, action shots, close ups, and other images. If most of your photography experience has taken place behind the lens of a smartphone, fear not! You'll quickly and easily learn all about your Canon's tools for controlling focus and depth of field, getting vivid color, shooting landscapes, transferring your files to your computer, and so much more. Get up to speed on your camera's settings and menu options Take quick auto mode shots or be creative with manual settings Apply your knowledge to get better portraits and action shots Find tips for customizing your camera to suit your unique needs If you love to take photos and want to up your game with a fantastic DSLR camera, Canon Rebel T6/1300D For Dummies is your fast track to getting picture-perfect snaps in a flash!
Nikon D5600 For DummiesJulie Adair King
An easy-to-follow Nikon D5600 photography class—in a book! Your Nikon D5600 is a powerful tool equipped to take top-notch photos. But unless you know how to use it to its full potential, your professional-grade camera will produce underwhelming amateur-grade photos. And that's where Nikon D5600 For Dummies comes in! Packed with all the expert tips and tricks you need to get your Nikon to live up to its name, this guide shows you how to use it to get truly striking shots—in a flash. Written by an expert on all things Nikon—and brimming with inspiring full-color photos—the step-by-step instruction offered inside arms shutterbugs of all skill levels with the know-how to turn any scene into a beautiful work of art. Whether you're looking to capture a cozy low-light shot or forever memorialize an awesome action scene, Nikon D5600 For Dummies will take your photography skills to picturesque new heights. Discover all your camera's features and capabilities Get better photos in auto or manual mode Adjust focus on the fly Start speaking photography lingo like a pro Even Leonardo da Vinci had to learn to work with paints and brushes before he could create the Mona Lisa . Before you let your frustration get the best of you, take heed in the friendly guidance in Nikon D5600 For Dummies .
A Biography of the PixelAlvy Ray Smith
The pixel as the organizing principle of all pictures, from cave paintings to Toy Story . The Great Digital Convergence of all media types into one universal digital medium occurred, with little fanfare, at the recent turn of the millennium. The bit became the universal medium, and the pixel--a particular packaging of bits--conquered the world. Henceforward, nearly every picture in the world would be composed of pixels--cell phone pictures, app interfaces, Mars Rover transmissions, book illustrations, videogames. In A Biography of the Pixel , Pixar cofounder Alvy Ray Smith argues that the pixel is the organizing principle of most modern media, and he presents a few simple but profound ideas that unify the dazzling varieties of digital image making. Smith's story of the pixel's development begins with Fourier waves, proceeds through Turing machines, and ends with the first digital movies from Pixar, DreamWorks, and Blue Sky. Today, almost all the pictures we encounter are digital--mediated by the pixel and irretrievably separated from their media; museums and kindergartens are two of the last outposts of the analog. Smith explains, engagingly and accessibly, how pictures composed of invisible stuff become visible--that is, how digital pixels convert to analog display elements. Taking the special case of digital movies to represent all of Digital Light (his term for pictures constructed of pixels), and drawing on his decades of work in the field, Smith approaches his subject from multiple angles--art, technology, entertainment, business, and history. A Biography of the Pixel is essential reading for anyone who has watched a video on a cell phone, played a videogame, or seen a movie. 400 pages of annotations, prepared by the author and available online, provide an invaluable resource for readers.
Machining Simulation Using SOLIDWORKS CAM 2021Kuang-Hua Chang Ph.D.
• Teaches you how to prevent problems, reduce manufacturing costs, shorten production time, and improve estimating • Covers the core concepts and most frequently used commands in SOLIDWORKS CAM • Designed for users new to SOLIDWORKS CAM with basic knowledge of manufacturing processes • Incorporates cutter location data verification by reviewing the generated G-codes • Includes a chapter on third-party CAM Modules This book will teach you all the important concepts and steps used to conduct machining simulations using SOLIDWORKS CAM. SOLIDWORKS CAM is a parametric, feature-based machining simulation software offered as an add-in to SOLIDWORKS. It integrates design and manufacturing in one application, connecting design and manufacturing teams through a common software tool that facilitates product design using 3D solid models. By carrying out machining simulation, the machining process can be defined and verified early in the product design stage. Some, if not all, of the less desirable design features of part manufacturing can be detected and addressed while the product design is still being finalized. In addition, machining-related problems can be detected and eliminated before mounting a stock on a CNC machine, and manufacturing cost can be estimated using the machining time estimated in the machining simulation. This book is intentionally kept simple. It’s written to help you become familiar with the practical applications of conducting machining simulations in SOLIDWORKS CAM. This book provides you with the basic concepts and steps needed to use the software, as well as a discussion of the G-codes generated. After completing this book, you should have a clear understanding of how to use SOLIDWORKS CAM for machining simulations and should be able to apply this knowledge to carry out machining assignments on your own product designs. In order to provide you with a more comprehensive understanding of machining simulations, the book discusses NC (numerical control) part programming and verification, as well as introduces applications that involve bringing the G-code post processed by SOLIDWORKS CAM to a HAAS CNC mill and lathe to physically cut parts. This book points out important, practical factors when transitioning from virtual to physical machining. Since the machining capabilities offered in the 2021 version of SOLIDWORKS CAM are somewhat limited, this book introduces third-party CAM modules that are seamlessly integrated into SOLIDWORKS, including CAMWorks, HSMWorks, and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS. This book covers basic concepts, frequently used commands and options required for you to advance from a novice to an intermediate level SOLIDWORKS CAM user. Basic concepts and commands introduced include extracting machinable features (such as 2.5 axis features), selecting a machine and cutting tools, defining machining parameters (such as feed rate, spindle speed, depth of cut, and so on), generating and simulating toolpaths, and post processing CL data to output G-code for support of physical machining. The concepts and commands are introduced in a tutorial style presentation using simple but realistic examples. Both milling and turning operations are included. One of the unique features of this book is the incorporation of the CL data verification by reviewing the G-code generated from the toolpaths. This helps you understand how the G-code is generated by using the respective post processors, which is an important step and an excellent way to confirm that the toolpaths and G-code generated are accurate and useful. Who is this book for? This book should serve well for self-learners. A self-learner should have basic physics and mathematics background, preferably a bachelor or associate degree in science or engineering. We assume that you are familiar with basic manufacturing processes, especially milling and turning. And certainly, we expect that you are familiar with SOLIDWORKS part and assembly modes. A self-learner should be able to complete the fourteen lessons of this book in about fifty hours. This book also serves well for class instruction. Most likely, it will be used as a supplemental reference for courses like CNC Machining, Design and Manufacturing, Computer-Aided Manufacturing, or Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. This book should cover five to six weeks of class instruction, depending on the course arrangement and the technical background of the students. Table of Contents 1. Introduction to SOLIDWORKS CAM 2. NC Part Programming 3. SOLIDWORKS CAM NC Editor 4. A Quick Run-Through 5. Machining 2.5 Axis Features 6. Machining a Freeform Surface and Limitations 7. Multipart Machining 8. Multiplane Machining 9. Tolerance-Based Machining 10. Turning a Stepped Bar 11. Turning a Stub Shaft 12. Machining a Robotic Forearm Member 13. Turning a Scaled Baseball Bat 14. Third-Party CAM Modules Appendix A: Machinable Features Appendix B: Machining Operations Appendix C: Alphabetical Address Codes Appendix D: Preparatory Functions Appendix E: Machine Functions
Learn from the men who changed animation forever Walt Disney’s team of core animators, who he affectionately called his "Nine Old Men," were known for creating Disney’s most famous works, as well as refining the 12 basic principles of animation. Follow master animator and Disney legend Andreas Deja as he takes you through the minds and works of these notable animators. An apprentice to the Nine Old Men himself, Deja gives special attention to each animator and provides a thoughtful analysis on their techniques that include figure drawing, acting, story structure, and execution. The in-depth analysis of each animator’s work will allow you to refine your approach to character animation. Rare sequential drawings from the Disney archives also give you unprecedented access and insight into the most creative minds that changed the course of animation. Instruction and analysis on the works of each of the Nine Old Men broaden your creative choices and approaches to character animation Original drawings, some never-before-seen by the public are explored in depth, giving you behind-the-scenes access into Disney animation history Gain first-hand insight into the foundation of timeless characters and scenes from some of Disney’s most memorable feature and short films
GarageBand for BeginnersImagine Publishing
Discover all GarageBand has to offer, from the built-in settings and options to making music on the move, recording your own masterpieces and working with a range of different instruments. All the basics are covered here to get you up and running in Apple’s excellent music-editing suite. Designed by experts as an accessible, friendly guide to world-beating software and devices, the For Beginners series will help give you the confidence to learn everything you need to know. Clear, easy-to-understand and comprehensive, For Beginners’ first class tutorials, features and reviews are created with you in mind, ready to give you the tools you need to get the most out of your new passion.
Logic Pro X - The DetailsEdgar Rothermich
Logic Pro X - The Details " is the follow-up book of " Logic Pro X - How It Works ". It explains all the remaining features in Logic Pro X with the same style by using rich illustrations and diagrams that are not found in any other manual. This is the first time that even beginners and intermediate Logic users can explore the more advanced features in Logic due to that easy to understand, visual approach of this manual. The Logic books in the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM)" series are the only ones available as interactive multi-touch eBooks. On 1527 pages, the author explains the app in great detail with additional background information that is often required to fully understand specific features. Many of the information regarding the functionality of Logic Pro X is found neither in the official documentation nor anywhere else. Logic Pro X is a very deep and sometimes complex application that users (beginners and pros alike) often struggle with. This is where the unique approach of the Graphically Enhanced Manuals series comes in. No matter how complex or complicated the subject is, the author provides easy to understand graphics and diagrams that let the reader understand and master the material. This interactive multi-touch eBook includes a 600 term Glossary that is linked throughout the content of the book. Table of Contents: 1 - Introduction : 2 - Workflow : The most important and most underrated topic when using Logic is how to use it efficiently. That's why I start the book with that chapter. 3 - Advanced Editing : To really become a Logic "Pro-user", you need all the available editing tools on your Logic tool belt. 4 - Flex Introduction : Finally, Audio Regions have the same freedom when it comes to editing as their MIDI Region counterparts. 5 - Flex Time : No time restrictions for Audio Regions anymore. No matter what tempo an audio file was recorded in, you can change it and even quantize it. 6 - Flex Pitch : If you ever wanted to change the pitch information in Audio Regions but couldn't afford the Melodyne app or couldn't (under-)stand it, then Logic has the easiest to use tool for you. 7 - Browsers : The three Browsers in Logic don't get the same respect from their users. Either they frown upon Apple Loops or don't know what to do with the Media Browser in the first - now you will. 8 - Audio File Management : The problem with having a lot of stuff is how to manage that stuff. This is also true for all the Logic related files. You better learn how to manage them before you start to lose them. 9 - Advanced Audio : There is much more to Audio in Logic that meets the eyes. I dive into all those pro features Logic has to offer to show you what is going on under the hood. 10 - Advanced MIDI : You can also advance your knowledge about the MIDI features in Logic, in addition to its audio features. 11 - Automation : Automation is such big topic, I had to split it into two chapters. The first part covers Track Automation, the main automation mode that gets you started. 12 - Automation (advanced) : There is Track Automation, Region Automation, MIDI Draw, Trim Mode, Absolute Mode, Relative Mode, to name just a few. Ready to become an expert on all of that? 13 - Music Notation : There are applications just for music notation. With Logic, that is included. No matter if you want to print out a single melody or an entire orchestral score - you can do it. 14 - Tempo & Time : Tempo and Time seems to be easy topics on the outside. But be warned, this chapter goes deep, where no other manual has gone before. 15 - Working to Picture : Logic is the best and most popular DAW when it comes to scoring to picture. Learn all the stuff you need to know - to do exactly that. 16 - Synchronization : If you made it through the Tempo & Time chapter, then this one is the right chapter for you with lots of information beyond Logic. 17 - The Environment : The scariest place in Logic, sending shivers down the spine of most Logic users - unless you know your way around ... then all of a sudden it becomes the most powerful place in Logic. 18 - Surround Sound : If two speakers are not enough to do your Project good, then it's time to move up to the world of Surround Sound. 19 - Control Surfaces : Logic will also surrender to outside powers. Learn how to use and setup those devices, no matter if it is just a single Mod Wheel or a fully equipped Control Surface. 19 - Gobbler and Connect : This is not a new cop show on CBS. Starting with version 10.2, Logic has integrated support for Gobbler and Apple Music Connect, two services that let you collaborate with other Logic users and share your work with others. This is the 10th book in the bestselling series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals". Readers love this unique way of leaning applications no matter how easy or complicated the app might be. Here are some responses from satisfied customers: "I wish all the manuals on software were like yours!" - Giovanni C. "You have the gift of making difficult concepts understandable" - William B. "Your style is the most informative and clear I have ever seen" - Mark D. "Great stuff Edgar! I bought your other Logic GEM books and love em..." - freeform "Thank you so much for your fantastic guides; I've learned so much!" - Brandon B. "I love your manuals." - Eli. UNDERSTAND , not just LEARN That is the motto of the book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (GEM). They're a new type of manual with a visual approach that helps you UNDERSTAND a program, not just LEARN it. No need to read through 500 pages of dry text explanations. Rich graphics and diagrams help you to get that "aha" effect and make it easy to comprehend difficult concepts. The Graphically Enhanced Manuals help you master a program much faster with a much deeper understanding of concepts, features and workflows in a very intuitive way that is easy to understand
Blender 3D By ExampleOscar Baechler & Xury Greer
Get up and running with Blender 3D through a series of practical projects that will help you learn core concepts of 3D design like modeling, sculpting, materials, textures, lighting, and rigging using the latest features of Blender 2.83 Key Features Learn the basics of 3D design and navigate your way around the Blender interface Understand how 3D components work and how to create 3D content for your games Familiarize yourself with 3D Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering and Sculpting with Blender Book Description Blender is a powerful 3D creation package that supports every aspect of the 3D pipeline. With this book, you'll learn about modeling, rigging, animation, rendering, and much more with the help of some interesting projects. This practical guide, based on the Blender 2.83 LTS version, starts by helping you brush up on your basic Blender skills and getting you acquainted with the software toolset. You'll use basic modeling tools to understand the simplest 3D workflow by customizing a Viking themed scene. You'll get a chance to see the 3D modeling process from start to finish by building a time machine based on provided concept art. You will design your first 2D character while exploring the capabilities of the new Grease Pencil tools. The book then guides you in creating a sleek modern kitchen scene using EEVEE, Blender's new state-of-the-art rendering engine. As you advance, you'll explore a variety of 3D design techniques, such as sculpting, retopologizing, unwrapping, baking, painting, rigging, and animating to bring a baby dragon to life. By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to work with Blender to create impressive computer graphics, art, design, and architecture, and you'll be able to use robust Blender tools for your design projects and video games. What you will learn Explore core 3D modeling tools in Blender such as extrude, bevel, and loop cut Understand Blender's Outliner hierarchy, collections, and modifiers Find solutions to common problems in modeling 3D characters and designs Implement lighting and probes to liven up an architectural scene using EEVEE Produce a final rendered image complete with lighting and post-processing effects Learn character concept art workflows and how to use the basics of Grease Pencil Learn how to use Blender's built-in texture painting tools Who this book is for Whether you're completely new to Blender, or an animation veteran enticed by Blender's newest features, this book will have something for you.
Creo Parametric 7.0 TutorialRoger Toogood Ph.D.
• Uses step-by-step tutorials designed for novice users • Explains not only how but also why commands are used • Covers part and assembly creation, creating engineering drawings and parametric solid modeling The eleven lessons in this tutorial introduce you to the design capabilities of Creo Parametric 7.0. The tutorial covers the major concepts and frequently used commands required to advance from a novice to an intermediate user level. Major topics include part and assembly creation, and creation of engineering drawings. Also illustrated are the major functions that make Creo Parametric a parametric solid modeler. Although the commands are presented in a click-by-click manner, an effort has been made, in addition to showing/illustrating the command usage, to explain why certain commands are being used and the relation of feature selection and construction to the overall part design philosophy. Simply knowing where commands can be found is only half the battle. As is pointed out numerous times in the text, creating useful and effective models of parts and assemblies requires advance planning and forethought. Moreover, since error recovery is an important skill, considerable time is spent exploring the created models. In fact, some errors are intentionally induced so that users will become comfortable with the “debugging” phase of model creation. At the end of each lesson is a short quiz reviewing the new topics covered in that chapter. Following the quiz are several simple "exercise" parts that can be created using new commands taught in that lesson. In addition to these an ongoing project throughout the book is also included. This project consists of several parts that are introduced with the early lessons and finally assembled at the end. Who this book is for This book has been written specifically with students in mind. Typically, students enter their first CAD course with a broad range of abilities both in spatial visualization and computer skills. The approach taken here is meant to allow accessibility to persons of all levels. These lessons, therefore, were written for new users with no previous experience with CAD, although some familiarity with computers is assumed. The tutorials in this textbook cover the following topics: • Introduction to the program and its operation • The features used in part creation • Modeling utilities • Creating engineering drawings • Creating assemblies and assembly drawings Table of Contents Introduction to Creo Parametric 1. User Interface, View Controls and Model Structure 2. Creating a Simple Object (Part I) 3. Creating a Simple Object (Part II) 4. Revolved Protrusions, Mirror Copies, Model Analysis 5. Modeling Utilities 6. Datum Planes and Sketcher Tools 7. Patterns and Copies 8. Engineering Drawings 9. Assembly Fundamentals 10. Assembly Operations 11. Sweeps and Blends Appendix: Creo Parametric Customization Index
Motion Simulation and Mechanism Design with SOLIDWORKS Motion 2020Kuang-Hua Chang Ph.D.
• Learn to make your design process more cost effective, reliable, and efficient • Teaches you how to prevent redesign due to design defects • Covers the basic concepts to advance from novice to intermediate SOLIDWORKS Motion user • Concepts are introduced using simple, yet realistic results • Simulation results are verified with those obtained from theoretical results Motion Simulation and Mechanism Design with SOLIDWORKS Motion 2020 is written to help you become familiar with SOLIDWORKS Motion, an add-on module of the SOLIDWORKS software family. This book covers the basic concepts and frequently used commands required to advance readers from a novice to intermediate level in using SOLIDWORKS Motion. SOLIDWORKS Motion allows you to use solid models created in SOLIDWORKS to simulate and visualize mechanism motion and performance. Using SOLIDWORKS Motion early in the product development stage could prevent costly redesign due to design defects found in the physical testing phase. Therefore, using SOLIDWORKS Motion contributes to a more cost effective, reliable, and efficient product design process. Basic concepts discussed in this book include model generation, such as creating assembly mates for proper motion; carrying out simulation and animation; and visualizing simulation results, such as graphs and spreadsheet data. These concepts are introduced using simple, yet realistic examples. Verifying the results obtained from the computer simulation is extremely important. One of the unique features of this book is the incorporation of theoretical discussions for kinematic and dynamic analyses in conjunction with the simulation results obtained using SOLIDWORKS Motion. Verifying the simulation results will increase your confidence in using the software and prevent you from being fooled by erroneous simulations. This book covers the following functionality of SOLIDWORKS Motion 2020 • Model generation • Creating assembly mates • Performing simulations • Creating animations • Visualizing simulation results Table of Contents 1. Introduction to SOLIDWORKS Motion 2. Animation and Basic Motion - A Single Piston Engine Example 3. A Ball Throwing Example 4. A Simple Pendulum 5. Friction of a Sliding Object 6. A Spring Mass System 7. A Slider-Crank Mechanism 8. A Slider-Crank Mechanism — Event-Based Dynamic Simulation 9. A Rail-Carriage Example 10. A Compound Spur Gear Train 11. Planetary Gear Train Systems 12. Cam and Follower 13. Simulation of Recreational Waterslide 14. Kinematic Analysis of a Racecar Suspension Appendix A: Defining Joints Appendix B: The Units Systems Appendix C: Importing Creo Parts and Assemblies
SOLIDWORKS 2021 and Engineering GraphicsRandy H. Shih
• Combines engineering graphics with SOLIDWORKS 2021 instruction • Uses a tutorial style with step-by-step instructions • Contains numerous exercises and review questions • Prepares you to take the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Exam • Features a chapter introducing you to 3D printing SOLIDWORKS 2021 and Engineering Graphics: An Integrated Approach combines an introduction to SOLIDWORKS 2021 with a comprehensive coverage of engineering graphics principles. Not only will this unified approach give your course a smoother flow, your students will also save money on their textbooks. What’s more, the exercises in this book cover the performance tasks that are included on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination. Reference guides located at the front of the book and in each chapter show where these performance tasks are covered. The primary goal of SOLIDWORKS 2021 and Engineering Graphics: An Integrated Approach is to introduce the aspects of Engineering Graphics with the use of modern Computer Aided Design package – SOLIDWORKS 2021. This text is intended to be used as a training guide for students and professionals. The chapters in this text proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic shapes to making complete sets of engineering drawings. This text takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important concepts of Engineering Graphics, as well as in-depth discussions of parametric feature-based CAD techniques. This textbook contains a series of sixteen chapters, with detailed step-by-step tutorial style lessons, designed to introduce beginning CAD users to the graphics language used in all branches of technical industry. This book does not attempt to cover all of SOLIDWORKS 2021’s features, only to provide an introduction to the software. It is intended to help you establish a good basis for exploring and growing in the exciting field of Computer Aided Engineering. Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals 3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts 4. Geometric Constructions 5. Feature Design Tree 6. Geometric Construction Tools 7. Orthographic Projections and Multiview Constructions 8. Dimensioning and Notes 9. Tolerancing and Fits 10. Pictorials and Sketching 11. Section Views & Symmetrical Features in designs 12. Auxiliary Views and Reference Geometry 13. Introduction to 3D Printing 14. Threads and Fasteners 15. Assembly Modeling and Working Drawings 16. CSWA Exam Preparation Appendix Index
Learning Autodesk Inventor 2022Randy H. Shih
• Teaches beginners how to use Autodesk Inventor with easy to understand tutorials • Features a simple robot design used as a project throughout the book • Covers modeling, gear creation, linkage analysis, assemblies, simulations and 3D animation This book will teach you everything you need to know to start using Autodesk Inventor 2022 with easy to understand, step-by-step tutorials. This book features a simple robot design used as a project throughout the book. You will learn to model parts, create assemblies, run simulations and even create animations of your robot design. No previous experience with Computer Aided Design(CAD) is needed since this book starts at an introductory level. The author begins by getting you familiar with the Inventor interface and its basic tools. You will start by learning to model simple robot parts and before long you will graduate to creating more complex parts and multi-view drawings. Along the way you will learn the fundamentals of parametric modeling through the use of geometric constraints and relationships. You will also become familiar with many of Inventor's powerful tools and commands that enable you to easily construct complex features in your models. Also included is coverage of gears, gear trains and spur gear creation using Autodesk Inventor. This book continues by examining the different mechanisms commonly used in walking robots. You will learn the basic types of planar four-bar linkages commonly used in mechanical designs and how to use the GeoGebra Dynamic Geometry software to simulate and analyze 2D linkages. Using the knowledge you gained about linkages and mechanism, you will learn how to modify your robot and change its behavior by modifying or creating new parts. In the final chapter of this book you learn how to combine all the robot parts into assemblies and then run motion analysis. You will finish off your project by creating 3D animations of your robot in action. There are many books that show you how to perform individual tasks with Autodesk Inventor, but this book takes you through an entire project and shows you the complete engineering process. By the end of this book you will have modeled and assembled nearly all the parts that make up the Mechanical Tiger and can start building your own robot. Table of Contents 1. Getting Started 2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals 3. CSG Concepts and Model History Tree 4. Parametric Constraints Fundamentals 5. Pictorials and Sketching 6. Symmetrical Features and Part Drawings 7. Datum Features in Designs 8. Gear Generator and Content Center 9. Advanced 3D Construction Tools 10. Planar Linkage Analysis using GeoGebra 11. Design Makes the Difference 12. Assembly Modeling and Motion Analysis Index
GarageBand for iPad - How it WorksEdgar Rothermich
This is the only comprehensive manual for "GarageBand for iOS" (not just a quick start guide) " GarageBand for iPad - How it Works " from the GEM series (Graphically Enhanced Manuals) explains Apple's popular music production application "GarageBand for iPad" with rich illustrations and diagrams that are not found in any other manual. The 288 page interactive Multi-Touch eBook (with a 200+ term interactive glossary) presents this software application in great details with that easy to understand, visual approach. It covers all the features of the app plus getting into great details about iCloud and iTunes File Sharing. All of that with the easy to understand, visual approach known from other books from the best-selling GEM series. "I wish all the manuals on software were like yours!" - Giovanni C. "You have the gift of making difficult concepts understandable" - William B. "Your style is the most informative and clear I have ever seen" - Mark D. "Great stuff Edgar! I bought your other Logic GEM books and love em..." - fform "Thank you so much for your fantastic guides; I've learned so much!" - Brandon B. "I love your manuals." - Eli. UNDERSTAND , not just LEARN That is the motto of the book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (GEM). They're a new type of manual with a visual approach that helps you UNDERSTAND a program, not just LEARN it. No need to read through 500 of pages of dry text explanations. Rich graphics and diagrams help you to get that "aha" effect and make it easy to comprehend difficult concepts. The Graphically Enhanced Manuals help you master a program much faster with a much deeper understanding of concepts, features and workflows in a very intuitive way that is easy to understand
iPhone 11 Quick User Starter GuideAaron Smith
Say Hello to the Future! Get to Know Your IPhone 11 with Several Useful Features to Enhance Your Ownership. You’ve got a new iPhone in your mitts, what then? The iPhone 11 is a great iPhone model that brings a lot of features at a significantly smaller price. Here are a few tips and tricks you should first crack on, to fully enjoy all the amazingness at the heart of your new Apple gadget: 1. Home Screen and Screen Display Pointers 2. Keyboard Tips Pointers 3. Buttons, Gestures and Controls Pointers 4. Lock Screen Pointers 5. Control Center Pointers 6. Camera and Photos Pointers 7. Messages and Memoji Pointers 8. Notifications and Restrictions Pointers and many more… These tips and tricks will help every iPhone 11 user get the most from their device. Get your copy to discover amazing hidden features, tips and tricks to unlock the full potential of your iPhone 11.
Logic Remote - How It WorksEdgar Rothermich
This is the only interactive multi-touch eBook available for the iOS application "Logic Remote" " Logic Remote (iPad) - How It Works " from the GEM series (Graphically Enhanced Manuals) explains Apple's brand new iPad app "Logic Remote" with rich illustrations and diagrams that are not found in any other manual or even in Apple's own documentation. This 162 pages interactive Multi-Touch eBook presents this software application in great detail with that easy to understand, visual approach. This book is in fact the only comprehensive manual for this app. "I wish all the manuals on software were like yours!" - Giovanni C. "You have the gift of making difficult concepts understandable" - William B. "Your style is the most informative and clear I have ever seen" - Mark D. "Great stuff Edgar! I bought your other Logic GEM books and love em..." - fform "Thank you so much for your fantastic guides; I've learned so much!" - Brandon B. "I love your manuals." - Eli. UNDERSTAND , not just LEARN That is the motto of the book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (GEM). They're a new type of manual with a visual approach that helps you UNDERSTAND a program, not just LEARN it. No need to read through 500 of pages of dry text explanations. Rich graphics and diagrams help you to get that "aha" effect and make it easy to comprehend difficult concepts. The Graphically Enhanced Manuals help you master a program much faster with a much deeper understanding of concepts, features and workflows in a very intuitive way that is easy to understand
Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2021Paul J. Schilling
• Teaches you SOLIDWORKS 2021 and parametric modeling with hands on tutorials • Also covers sheet metal, SimulationXpress, basic motion analysis, collision detection and more • Prepares you to take the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Exam • Includes a chapter introducing you to 3D printing Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2021 contains a series of seventeen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce SOLIDWORKS 2021, solid modeling and parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book introduces SOLIDWORKS 2021 on a step-by-step basis, starting with constructing basic shapes, all the way through to the creation of assembly drawings and motion analysis. This book takes a hands on, exercise intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. The lessons guide the user from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models, assemblies and creating multi-view drawings. This book also covers some of the more advanced features of SOLIDWORKS 2021, including how to use the SOLIDWORKS Design Library, basic motion analysis, collision detection and analysis with SimulationXpress. The exercises in this book cover the performance tasks that are included on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination. Reference guides located at the front of the book and in each chapter show where these performance tasks are covered. This book also introduces you to the general principles of 3D printing including a brief history of 3D printing, the types of 3D printing technologies, commonly used filaments, and the basic procedure for printing a 3D model. 3D printing makes it easier than ever for anyone to start turning their designs into physical objects and by the end of this book you will be ready to start printing out your own designs. Table of Contents Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Exam Overview 1. Introduction - Getting started 2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals 3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts 4. Feature Design Tree 5. Geometric Relations Fundamentals 6. Geometric Construction Tools 7. Parent Child Relationships and the BORN Technique 8. Part Drawings and Associative Functionality 9. Reference Geometry and Auxiliary Views 10. Introduction to 3D Printing 11. Symmetrical Features in Designs 12. Advanced 3D Construction Tools 13. Sheet Metal Designs 14. Assembly Modeling - Putting it all Together 15. Design Library and Basic Motion Study 16. Design Analysis with SimulationXpress 17. CSWA Exam Preparation Index
Engineering Design with SOLIDWORKS 2021David C. Planchard
• A comprehensive introduction to SOLIDWORKS using tutorial style, step-by-step instructions • Designed for beginning or intermediate SOLIDWORKS users • Learn to create parts and assemblies using machined, plastic and sheet metal components • Also covers Simulation, Sustainability, and Intelligent Modeling techniques • Includes bonus chapters on the CSWA exam and 3D printing Engineering Design with SOLIDWORKS 2021 is written to assist students, designers, engineers and professionals. The book provides a solid foundation in SOLIDWORKS by utilizing projects with step-by-step instructions for the beginner to intermediate SOLIDWORKS user featuring machined, plastic and sheet metal components. Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each project. The book is divided into five sections with 11 projects. Project 1 - Project 6: Explore the SOLIDWORKS User Interface and CommandManager, Document and System properties, simple and complex parts and assemblies, proper design intent, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, BOMs, and Revision tables using basic and advanced features. Additional techniques include the edit and reuse of features, parts, and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, configurations, SOLIDWORKS 3D ContentCentral and the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox. Project 7: Understand Top-Down assembly modeling and Sheet Metal parts. Develop components In-Context with InPlace Mates, along with the ability to import parts using the Top-Down assembly method. Convert a solid part into a Sheet Metal part and insert and apply various Sheet Metal features. Project 8 - Project 9: Recognize SOLIDWORKS Simulation and Intelligent Modeling techniques. Understand a general overview of SOLIDWORKS Simulation and the type of questions that are on the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Associate - Finite Element Analysis (CSWSA-FEA) exam. Apply design intent and intelligent modeling techniques in a sketch, feature, part, plane, assembly and drawing. Project 10: Comprehend the differences between additive and subtractive manufacturing. Understand 3D printer terminology along with a working knowledge of preparing, saving, and printing CAD models on a low cost printer. Project 11: Review the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) program. Understand the curriculum and categories of the CSWA exam and the required model knowledge needed to successfully take the exam. The author developed the industry scenarios by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, vendors and manufacturers. These professionals are directly involved with SOLIDWORKS every day. Their responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model. Table of Contents Introduction 1. Overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface 2. Fundamentals of Part Modeling 3. Fundamentals of Assembly Modeling 4. Fundamentals of Drawing 5. Extrude and Revolve Features 6. Swept, Lofted and Additional Features 7. Top Down Assembly Modeling and Sheet Metal Parts 8. SOLIDWORKS Simulation 9. Intelligent Modeling Techniques 10. Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing 11. Introduction to the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) Exam Appendix Glossary Index
Canon EOS Rebel T7/2000D For DummiesJulie Adair King
A photography class—in a book! Your Canon EOS Rebel T7/1400D provides enough camera power to take the pro-style shots you've dreamed of shooting—and this book shows you how. Canon EOS Rebel T7/1400D For Dummies bridges the gap between taking quick shots in auto mode and taking charge of the settings that offer full control of your pictures' focus, color, and light balance. Take a peek inside to discover all the expert tips and tricks to take brag-worthy portraits, action shots, and close-ups—in a flash. No matter your subject, you’ll get all the know-how and instruction you need to get the picture-perfect shot every time. Get started with automatic and creative modes Take full control of exposure to achieve better results Understand the settings that control light and color Follow steps on properly using flash Even if you’ve never picked up a DSLR camera, this friendly guide makes it fast and easy to unlock all your powerful Canon has to offer!
Interior Design Using Autodesk Revit 2022Daniel John Stine & Aaron R. Hansen
• Written specifically for interior designers • No previous experience with Autodesk Revit is required • Uses a project based, tutorial style approach • Helps you prepare for the Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam The intent of this book is to provide the interior design student a well-rounded knowledge of Autodesk Revit tools and techniques. These skills can then be applied to enhance professional development in both academia and industry. The overall premise of the book is to help you learn Revit while developing the interior of a two story law office. At the start of the book you are provided an architectural model with established columns, beams, exterior walls, minimal interior walls and roofs in which to work. This allows more emphasis to be placed on interior design rather than primary architectural elements. The chapters' chronology generally follows the typical design process. You will find this book helps you more accurately and efficiently develop your design ideas and skills. The first chapter introduces you to Revit, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and the basics of opening, saving and creating a new project. The second provides a quick introduction to modeling basic elements in Revit including walls, doors, windows and more. This chapter is designed to show you how powerful Revit truly is and to get you excited for the rest of the book. The remainder of the book is spent developing the interior space of the law office with an established space program. You will learn how to view and navigate within the provided 3D architectural model, manage and create materials and develop spaces with walls, doors and windows. Once all the spaces are added to the model, several areas are explored and used as the basis to cover Revit commands and workflows. At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to model floor finishes, ceilings with soffits, casework, custom reception desk, restrooms, furniture and light fixtures. Additional features such as tags, schedules and photorealistic rendering will be covered. Table of Contents 1. Getting Started with Autodesk Revit 2022 2. Model Navigation 3. Quick Start: Small Office 4. Revit Materials 5. Programming 6. Floor Plans 7. Curtain Wall 8. Stairs and Railings 9. Ceilings 10. Break Room and Work Room 11. Toilet Room Design 12. Floors 13. Custom Reception Desk and Sign 14. Furniture, Groups and Design Options 15. Detailing 16. Schedules 17. Lighting and Rendering 18. Sheets and Revisions 19. Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing 20. Introduction to Revit Content Creation Appendix A: Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam Introduction Appendix B: Revit Basics: Overview of Linework and Modify Tools Appendix C: Revit Basics: Drawing 2D Architectural Content Appendix D: Finding Missing Elements in Revit Appendix E: Introduction to Computers for CAD/BIM Users Appendix F: Revit and 3D PDFs Appendix G: Lighting Design in Revit using ElumTools Appendix H: Building Performance Analysis Appendix M: Introduction to Multi-Story Stairs
The Apple HomeMacworld Editors
Today, every hardware device we own, from our phones to our Macs, can play audio and video. If yours is an Apple household, reliant primarily on Apple hardware, you’re in luck: Those devices most likely support a technology called AirPlay that makes sharing audio and video among devices around the house relatively simple. Let Macworld's editors show you how to set up AirPlay for your devices and for a Mac mini media server. We’ll also recommend some AirPlay speakers and walk you through the process of selecting the right video-streaming service. And if you're interested in cutting your cable, we offer some great ways to make the Apple TV work for you.
Introduction to AutoCAD 2021 for Civil Engineering ApplicationsNighat Yasmin Ph.D.
• Combines the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2021 • Designed specifically for civil engineering students • Uses clearly defined objectives and step-by-step instructions • This edition features fully revised application problems There is an old saying that an engineer describes every idea with a drawing. With the advances in computer technology and drawing software, it has never been easier, or more important, to learn computer aided design. To be effective, however, a drawing must accurately convey your intended meaning and that requires more than just knowing how to use software. This book provides you with a clear presentation of the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2021 as they pertain to civil engineering applications. This combination of theory and its practical application will give you the knowledge and skills necessary to create designs that are accurate and easily understood by others. Each chapter starts with a bulleted list of chapter objectives followed by an introduction. This provides you with a general overview of the material that will be covered in the chapter. The contents of each chapter are organized into well-defined sections that contain step-by-step instructions and illustrations to help you learn to use the various AutoCAD commands. More importantly, you will also learn how and why you would use these tools in real world projects. This book has been categorized and ordered into 12 parts: • Introduction to AutoCAD 2021 ribbon interface (1-7) • Dimensioning and tolerancing using AutoCAD 2021 (8-9) • Use of AutoCAD in land survey data plotting (10-11) • The use of AutoCAD in hydrology (12-13) • Transportation engineering and AutoCAD (14-15) • AutoCAD and architecture technology (16-18) • Introduction to working drawings (19) • Plotting from AutoCAD (20) • External Reference Files - Xref (21) • Suggested drawing problems (22-23) • Bibliography • Index Table of Contents 1. Introduction to Engineering Graphics 2. Getting Started with AutoCAD 2021 3. Basics of 2-Dimensional Drawings 4. Basics of 2-Dimensional Editing 5. Layers 6. Blocks 7. Layout and Template Files 8. Dimensioning Techniques 9. Tolerance 10. Land Survey 11. Contours 12. Drainage Basin 13. Floodplains 14. Road Design 15. Earthwork 16. Floor Plan 17. Elevation 18. Site Plan 19. Construction Drawings 20. Plotting from AutoCAD 2021 21. External Reference Files (Xref) 22. Suggested In-Class Activities 23. Homework Drawings 24. Bibliography 25. Index
Autodesk Fusion 360: A Power Guide for Beginners and Intermediate Users (5th Edition) textbook has been designed for instructor-led courses as well as self-paced learning. It is intended to help engineers and designers, interested in learning Fusion 360, to create 3D mechanical designs. This textbook is a great help for new Fusion 360 users and a great teaching aid for classroom training. This textbook consists of 14 chapters, a total of 760 pages covering major workspaces of Fusion 360 such as DESIGN, ANIMATION, and DRAWING. The textbook teaches you to use Fusion 360 mechanical design software for building parametric 3D solid components and assemblies as well as creating animations and 2D drawings. This edition of textbook has been developed using Autodesk Fusion 360 software version: 2.0.11415. This textbook not only focuses on the usages of the tools/commands of Fusion 360 but also on the concept of design. Every chapter in this textbook contains tutorials that provide users with step-by-step instructions for creating mechanical designs and drawings with ease. Moreover, every chapter ends with hands-on test drives that allow users to experience for themselves the user friendly and powerful capacities of Fusion 360. Table of Contents: Chapter 1. Introducing Fusion 360 Chapter 2. Drawing Sketches with Autodesk Fusion 360 Chapter 3. Editing and Modifying Sketches Chapter 4. Applying Constraints and Dimensions Chapter 5. Creating Base Feature of Solid Models Chapter 6. Creating Construction Geometries Chapter 7. Advanced Modeling - I Chapter 8. Advanced Modeling - II Chapter 9. Patterning and Mirroring Chapter 10. Editing and Modifying 3D Models Chapter 11. Working with Assemblies - I Chapter 12. Working with Assemblies - II Chapter 13. Creating Animation of a Design Chapter 14. Working with Drawings
Engineering Analysis with SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2021Paul Kurowski Ph.D., P.Eng.
• Concurrently introduces SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2021 and Finite Element Analysis • Covers a wide variety of Finite Element Analysis problems • Uses hands-on exercises that build on one another throughout the book Engineering Analysis with SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2021 goes beyond the standard software manual. Its unique approach concurrently introduces you to the SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2021 software and the fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) through hands-on exercises. A number of projects are presented using commonly used parts to illustrate the analysis features of SOLIDWORKS Simulation. Each chapter is designed to build on the skills, experiences and understanding gained from the previous chapters. Topics covered • Linear static analysis of parts and assemblies • Contact stress analysis • Frequency (modal) analysis • Buckling analysis • Thermal analysis • Drop test analysis • Nonlinear analysis • Dynamic analysis • Random vibration analysis • h and p adaptive solution methods • Modeling techniques • Implementation of FEA in the design process • Management of FEA projects • FEA terminology Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2. Static analysis of a plate 3. Static analysis of an L-bracket 4. Static and frequency analysis of a pipe support 5. Static analysis of a link 6. Frequency analysis of a tuning fork and a plastic part 7. Thermal analysis of a pipe connector and heater 8. Thermal analysis of a heat sink 9. Static analysis of a hanger 10. Thermal stress analysis of a bi-metal loop 11. Buckling analysis of I-beam 12. Static analysis of a bracket using adaptive solution methods 13. Drop test 14. Selected nonlinear problems 15. Mixed meshing problem 16. Analysis of a weldment using beam and truss elements 17. Review of 2D problems 18. Vibration analysis - modal time history and harmonic 19. Analysis of random vibration 20. Topological Optimization 21. Miscellaneous topics – part 1 22. Miscellaneous topics – part 2 23. Implementation of FEA into the design process 24. Glossary of terms 25. Resources available to FEA users 26. List of exercises
Introduction to AutoCAD 2022 for Civil Engineering ApplicationsNighat Yasmin Ph.D.
• Combines the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2022 • Designed specifically for civil engineering students • Uses clearly defined objectives and step-by-step instructions • This edition features a new chapter on annotations and many other enhancements There is an old saying that an engineer describes every idea with a drawing. With the advances in computer technology and drawing software, it has never been easier, or more important, to learn computer aided design. To be effective, however, a drawing must accurately convey your intended meaning and that requires more than just knowing how to use software. This book provides you with a clear presentation of the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2022 as they pertain to civil engineering applications. This combination of theory and its practical application will give you the knowledge and skills necessary to create designs that are accurate and easily understood by others. Book Organization Each chapter starts with a bulleted list of chapter objectives followed by an introduction. This provides you with a general overview of the material that will be covered in the chapter. The contents of each chapter are organized into well-defined sections that contain step-by-step instructions and illustrations to help you learn to use the various AutoCAD commands. More importantly, you will also learn how and why you would use these tools in real world projects. This book has been categorized and ordered into 13 parts: • Introduction to AutoCAD 2022 ribbon interface (1-7) • Dimensioning and tolerancing using AutoCAD 2022 (8-9) • AutoCAD and annotation (10) • Use of AutoCAD in land survey data plotting (11-12) • The use of AutoCAD in hydrology (13-14) • Transportation engineering and AutoCAD (15-16) • AutoCAD and architecture technology (17-19) • Introduction to working drawings (20) • Plotting from AutoCAD (21) • External Reference Files - Xref (22) • Suggested drawing problems (23-24) • Bibliography (25) • Index (26) New in the 2022 Edition Several improvements were made to the current edition. The most significant improvements to this edition are the addition of a new chapter focusing on Annotation and the new examples for Chapters 10 – 17 (the civil engineering applications). PowerPoint presentations have been created and are available to instructors. The index was also improved. The contents of the book are based on the ribbon interface. Chapter 23 (Suggested In-Class Activities) provides in-class activities (or ICA). Some of the initial ICAs now include drawing examples with step-by-step instructions. Also, new problems have been added to the homework chapter. Furthermore, the contents and the drawings of every chapter are improved, and new examples are added. Table of Contents 1. Introduction to Engineering Graphics 2. Getting Started with AutoCAD 2022 3. Two-Dimensional Drawings 4. Two-Dimensional Drawings’ Editing 5. Layers 6. Blocks 7. Layouts and Template 8. Dimensions 9. Tolerance 10. Annotations 11. Land Survey 12. Contours 13. Drainage Basin 14. Floodplains 15. Road Design 16. Earthwork 17. Floor Plan 18. Elevations 19. Site Plan 20. Construction Drawings 21. Plotting from AutoCAD 2022 22. External Reference Files (Xref) 23. Suggested In-Class Activities 24. Homework Drawings 25. Bibliography 26. Index
Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Fusion 360Randy H. Shih
• Designed specifically for beginners with no prior CAD experience • Uses a hands-on, exercise-intensive, tutorial style approach • Teaches you parametric and 3D modeling using Autodesk Fusion 360 • Features a dedicated chapter on 3D printing Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Fusion 360 contains a series of thirteen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce Autodesk Fusion 360, solid modeling and parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book introduces Autodesk Fusion 360 on a step-by-step basis, starting with constructing basic shapes, all the way through to the creation of assembly drawings and 3D printing your own designs. This book takes a hands on, exercise intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. The lessons guide you from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models, assemblies and creating multi-view drawings. This book also introduces you to the general principles of 3D printing including a brief history of 3D printing, the types of 3D printing technologies, commonly used filaments, and the basic procedure for printing a 3D model. 3D printing makes it easier than ever for anyone to start turning their designs into physical objects, and by the end of this book you will be ready to start printing out your own designs. Spring 2021 Edition Autodesk Fusion 360 is an entirely cloud based CAD, CAM, and CAE platform that is constantly evolving. This edition of Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Fusion 360 was written using Autodesk Fusion 360 in March of 2021. Fusion 360 is a stable product and all the major tools and features of Fusion 360 used in this edition should continue to operate the same way for the foreseeable future. SDC Publications is committed to updating this book on a regular interval to incorporate new features and changes made to the software. Should a major change to Autodesk Fusion 360 require a newer edition be made available sooner, we will publish a new edition as soon as possible. Older editions will stop being available once newer editions are released. Table of Contents 1. Getting Started 2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals 3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts 4. Model History Tree 5. Parametric Constraints Fundamentals 6. Geometric Construction Tools 7. Parent/Child Relationships and the BORN Technique 8. Part Drawings and Associative Functionality 9. Datum Features and Auxiliary Views 10. Introduction to 3D Printing 11. Symmetrical Features in Designs 12. Advanced 3D Construction Tools 13. Assembly Modeling - Joint & Animation Index
AutoCAD 2022 Tutorial First Level 2D FundamentalsRandy H. Shih & Luke Jumper
• Designed for users new to CAD • Uses step-by-step tutorials to teach you 2D drawing using AutoCAD • Covers the performance tasks found on the AutoCAD 2022 Certified User Examination The primary goal of AutoCAD 2022 Tutorial First Level 2D Fundamentals is to introduce the aspects of Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD). This text is intended to be used as a training guide for students and professionals. This text covers AutoCAD 2022 and the lessons proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic shapes to making multiview drawings. This textbook contains a series of twelve tutorial style lessons designed to introduce beginning CAD users to AutoCAD 2022. It takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important 2D CAD techniques and concepts. This text is also helpful to AutoCAD users upgrading from a previous release of the software. The new improvements and key enhancements of the software are incorporated into the lessons. The 2D-CAD techniques and concepts discussed in this text are also designed to serve as the foundation to the more advanced parametric feature-based CAD packages such as Autodesk Inventor. The basic premise of this book is that the more designs you create using AutoCAD 2022, the better you learn the software. With this in mind, each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. This book is intended to help readers establish a good basis for exploring and growing in the exciting field of Computer Aided Engineering. Table of Contents AutoCAD Certified User Examination Reference Guide Introduction: Getting Started 1. AutoCAD 2D Fundamentals 2. Basic Object Construction Tools 3. Geometric Construction and Editing Tools 4. Object Properties and Organization 5. Orthographic Views in Multiview Drawings 6. AutoCAD 2D Isometric Drawings 7. Basic Dimensioning and Notes 8. Templates and Plotting 9. Parametric Drawing Tools 10. Auxiliary Views and Editing with GRIPS 11. Section Views 12. Assembly Drawings and Blocks Index
Autodesk Maya 2020 Basics GuideKelly L. Murdock
• Designed for users completely new to 3D modeling and animation • Covers the fundamentals of Autodesk Maya using easy to follow steps • Includes embedded video instruction to make learning Maya clear and easy • Introduces you to the Maya interface, modeling, texturing, animating, visual effects and more • Advanced topics such as character rigging, skinning, animating with dynamics and MEL scripting are also introduced • Teaches you how to use Maya to create stunning 3D models, stills and animations like a pro Written by renowned author and 3D artist Kelly L. Murdock, Autodesk Maya 2020 Basics Guide is designed to give new users a solid understanding of the fundamental skills needed to create beautiful 3D models and stunning animations with Autodesk Maya. Using clear and easy to follow instructions this book will guide you through learning all the major features of Maya. The text is complemented by video instruction. Each chapter has a corresponding video tutorial that introduces you to the topics and allows you to watch and learn how functions are performed in a way that a text alone cannot do. Autodesk Maya 2020 Basics Guide makes no assumptions about your previous experience with Autodesk Maya. It begins by helping you get comfortable with the user interface and navigating scenes before moving into modeling, texturing, lighting, animating, rendering and more. Additionally, more advanced features such as character rigging, skinning, animating with dynamics and MEL scripting are also introduced. Each chapter begins by examining the concept behind each task, the goal and the necessary features that are involved. Then you go in-depth with the objective of your task as you study examples and learn the steps necessary to complete it. Working your way through the comprehensive, step-by-step lessons, you'll develop the confidence you need to create incredible renderings and animations using Autodesk Maya. Who this book is for This text was created specifically for users with no prior 3D modeling or animation experience. If you want to work in a creative field or are just curious about how 3D animated movies are made this book is the perfect way to get started. Users who are migrating from another 3D application or upgrading from a previous version of Maya will also benefit greatly from this text. What you'll learn • How to create models using curves, NURBS, Polygons and more • How to assign materials and textures to make realistic-looking models • How to use Paint Effects to paint on and quickly create complex 3D Models • How to use lights, cameras, and depth of field to render captivating scenes • How to use keyframes, motion paths and the Graph Editor to create animations • How to use character rigging, skinning, and inverse kinematics to animate realistic movements • How to add influence objects, skin weights and hair to a character for a more realistic look • How to use dynamics to create fire, smoke, lightning, explosions, cloth and ocean effects • How to enable raytracing, motion blur, and fog effects for increased realism • How to render stills and animations using Maya Vector and Mental Ray for different looks • How to use the Command Line and MEL Scripting to work faster About Autodesk Maya Maya is a program, created by Autodesk, used to model, animate, and render 3D scenes. 3D scenes created with Maya have appeared in movies, television, advertisements, games, product visualizations, and on the Web. With Maya, you can create and animate your own 3D scenes and render them as still images or as animation sequences. Table of Contents Introduction 1. Learning the Maya Interface 2. Controlling the View Panel 3. Working with Objects 4. Drawing and Editing Curves 5. Working with NURBS Surfaces 6. Creating and Editing Polygon Objects 7. Assigning Materials and Textures 8. Adding Paint Effects 9. Using Cameras and Lights 10. Animating with Keyframes 11. Working with Characters 12. Animating with Dynamics 13. Rendering a Scene 14. Using MEL Scripting Glossary Index
Modeling 101: Basic 3D Modeling In MayaGerard Anthony O. Navarro
Inside this book, you will discover the basics of 3D Modeling through a series of simple exercises, which will give you a good foundation in starting your career in 3D Animation.
• Provides existing users with in-depth knowledge of SOLIDWORKS’ mold making tools • Teaches you to analyze plastic parts using SOLIDWORKS Plastics Wizard and Flow Simulation • Introduces you to using surfacing tools to repair models for mold making • Uses step-by-step instructions and projects based on real world products The Complete Guide to Mold Making with SOLIDWORKS 2021 is a quick paced book written to provide experienced SOLIDWORKS users with in-depth knowledge of the mold tools provided by SOLIDWORKS. Throughout this book you will learn the procedures necessary for using these tools to create and analyze effective mold designs. Utilizing step-by-step instructions, each chapter of this book will guide you through different tasks, from designing or repairing a mold, to developing complex parting lines; from making a core in the part mode to advancing through more complex tasks in the assembly mode. Throughout this book you will be introduced to using surfacing tools to repair models and prepare them for the mold making process. Towards the end of this book, you will learn how to work with SOLIDWORKS Plastics and Flow Simulation to simulate the way melted plastics flow during the injection molding process. You will also learn to analyze the thick-thin wall regions to predict defects on plastic parts and molds. Learning how to analyze plastic parts for errors and correct them early in the design stage is a valuable skill, which can save a significant amount of time throughout the span of the entire design process. Every project in this book is based on real world products. Each of these projects have been broken down and developed into simple, comprehensible steps. Furthermore, every mold design is explained very clearly in short chapters, ranging from 15 to 25 pages. Each step comes with the exact screen shot to help you understand the main concept of the design. Learn the mold designs at your own pace, as you progress from simple core and cavity creation to more complex mold design challenges. This book will also teach you to use various surfacing tools such as: • Ruled Surface • Planar Surface • Knit Surface • Filled Surface • Extend Surface • Trim Surface • Lofted Surface Who This Book Is For This book is for users already familiar with SOLIDWORKS who want to expand their knowledge of mold design. To get the most out of this mold design book, it is strongly recommended that you have completed all the lessons in the SOLIDWORKS Advanced Techniques book or have comparable knowledge. More CAD literate individuals, who want to expand their knowledge of the different features that SOLIDWORKS 2021 has to offer, will also find this book to be a great resource. About the Author This book is based on feedback from the author’s former tool-die maker students and engineering professionals. Paul has more than 30 years of experience in the fields of mechanical and manufacturing engineering. As an active Senior SOLIDWORKS instructor and design engineer, Paul has worked and consulted with numerous of fortune 500 companies, NASA, the US-Navy, Community Colleges, Universities, and many others. Table of Contents 1. Plastic Part Design 2. Surface Repair 3. Core and Cavity Creation 4. Planar Parting Lines 5. Interlock Surface 6. Non-Planar Parting Lines 7. Manual Parting Lines 8. Undercuts and Slide Cores 9. Alternative Methods 10. Thickness Analysis 11. Using the Plastics Wizard 12. Plastics Flow Analysis Glossary Index SOLIDWORKS 2021 Quick Guides
Mixing in Dolby Atmos - #1 How it WorksEdgar Rothermich
"Mixing in Dolby Atmos - #1 How it Works" is the first book about Dolby Atmos. It covers the software application "Dolby Atmos Renderer" in all detail with lots of unique diagrams and graphics. In addition, it provides the context of the Dolby Atmos eco-system, from production to delivery, to the end consumer and all the related technologies. The last chapter discusses new workflows for mixing and mastering in Dolby Atmos. If you plan to produce mixes in Dolby Atmos or just want to get a better understanding of this "Next Generation Audio (NGA)" format, then this is the right book.
Residential Design Using AutoCAD 2022Daniel John Stine
• Designed for new users of AutoCAD 2022 • Project based tutorials design a house from start to finish using AutoCAD 2022 • Includes embedded video instruction • Bonus material covers must know commands, sketching exercises, a roof study workbook and more Residential Design Using AutoCAD 2022 is an introductory level tutorial which uses residential design exercises as the means to teach you AutoCAD 2022. Each book comes with embedded video instruction in which the author explains the most common tools and techniques used when designing residential buildings using AutoCAD 2022. After completing this book you will have a well-rounded knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting that can be used in the industry and the satisfaction of having completed a set of residential drawings. This textbook starts with a basic introduction to AutoCAD 2022. The first three chapters are intended to get you familiar with the user interface and the most common menus and tools. Throughout the rest of the book you will design a residence through to its completion. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, details, etc. Throughout the project, new AutoCAD commands are covered at the appropriate time. Focus is placed on the most essential parts of a command rather than an exhaustive review of every sub-feature of a particular command. The Appendix contains a bonus section covering the fundamental principles of engineering graphics that relate to architecture. This book also comes with extensive video instruction as well as bonus chapters that cover must know commands, sketching exercises, a roof study workbook and much more. About the Videos Each book includes embedded video training created by author Daniel Stine. The videos make it easy to see the exact menu selections made by the author while he describes how and why each step is made making it straightforward and simple to learn AutoCAD. These videos allow you to become familiar with the menu selections and techniques before you begin the tutorial. By watching these videos you will be more confident in what you are doing and have a better understanding of the desired outcome of each lesson. The videos cover the following: • User Interface • Getting Started • Draw Tools • Modify Tools • Annotation • Floor Plans • Exterior Elevations • Sections • Interior Design • Plotting Table of Contents 1. Getting started with AutoCAD 2022 2. Crash Course Introduction (The Basics) 3. Drawing Architectural Objects (Draw & Modify) 4. Floor Plans 5. Exterior Elevations 6. Sections 7. Plan Layout & Elevations 8. Site Plan 9. Schedules & Sheet Set Up 10. Lineweights & Plotting 11. Introduction to Computers 12. Introduction: Must Know Commands Appendix A: Engineering Graphics Appendix B: Roof Study Workbook - Draft Edition Appendix C: Sketching Exercises Index
Commercial Design Using Autodesk Revit 2021Daniel John Stine
• Starts at an introductory level • Project based tutorials design an office building from start to finish • Bonus material covers multi-story stairs, Insight 360, ElumTools, and much more Commercial Design Using Autodesk Revit 2021 is designed for the architectural student using Revit 2021. The intent is to provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of tools and techniques for use in both school and industry. This text takes a project based approach to learning Revit's architectural tools in which you develop a three story office building. General building codes and industry standard conventions are covered in a way that is applicable to the current exercise. The first two chapters are intended to get you familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools of Revit 2021. A small office is created in chapter two to show you just how easy it is to get started using Autodesk Revit. By the end of chapter two you will be excited and prepared to take on a much larger project. Throughout the rest of the book you develop a three story office building. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover of this book. In these chapters many of the architectural tools and features of Revit 2021 are covered in greater detail. Table of Contents 1. Getting Started with Autodesk Revit 2021 2. Quick Start: Small Office 3. Floor Plan (First Floor) 4. Floor Plans (Second & Third Floors) 5. Vertical Circulation 6. Roof 7. Floor Systems & Reflected Ceiling Plans 8. Interior & Exterior Elevations 9. Annotation 10. Sections & Details 11. Interior Design 12. Schedules 13. Site and Rendering 14. Construction Documents Set 15. Introduction to Revit Content Creation 16. Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing 17. Introduction to Computers Appendix A - Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam Appendix B - Roof Study Workbook Appendix C - Finding Missing Elements in Revit Appendix D - Building Performance Analysis in Revit and Insight 360 Appendix E - Introduction to ElumTools; Professional Lighting Design in Revit Appendix F - Introduction to Multi-Story Stairs Index
★★★ A Comprehensive User Guide and Manual for New Users of the iPad Pros ★★★ Even though iPad Pros are great right out of the box, you are likely to get more from them if you know how to use them by reading a book like this one. So, if you are someone who has recently acquired the new iPad Pro and now needs guidance on how best to take advantage of its many features that are not immediately obvious to ordinary end users? Or you may even be someone who is not new to the Apple ecosystem, but only just made an upgrade from previous versions of the iPad and it is beginning to seem as if Apple has completely changed the interface and removed or relocated some of your previous favorite features, then this book was written with you in mind. We all know that the iPad Pro from Apple remains one of the world’s most renowned flagships, when set up properly, it can become more than being just a phone. You can use it as a productivity tool in your business, you can make it an indispensable social media aide, e-book reader and a travel companion. All these can become possible once you learn how to better utilize the iPad Pro. This book has been written as a step-by-step guide for you to go through what you need to navigate around the iPad Pro. It covers many of the important features that users need to know and allows users to jump to any section of the book that they feel they want to focus on. That means the guide is written in a way that even if you do not want to follow the order in which it was written, you are still able to make the most of it. Some of the included contents: • Simple and easy to understand step by step instructions on how to first setup your device • Latest tips and tricks to help you enjoy your device to the fullest. • Using the Face ID • Hidden features • Organizing apps with the App Library • Buying, removing, rearranging, and updating apps • Taking, editing, organizing, and sharing photos • Introducing some important Apple Services • Using Siri • And lots more This book will help you explore some features of your iPad Pro that you probably didn’t know existed and also get you started on your device in no time. You can also buy it as a gift for that son or daughter of yours who already like fiddling with devices, this book will get him or her up to speed in no time. Special Bonus That is not all, we have a special gift for you, something we believe you will love. Click the “Add to Cart” button to purchase on your closeout or you can buy straight away with the “Buy Now with a Click” button to buy right away.
AutoCAD 2021 InstructorJames A. Leach & Shawna Lockhart
• In depth coverage of AutoCAD’s commands and features • Chapters are structured around related commands • Starts with fundamental commands and progresses to more specialized applications • An ideal reference guide for users at all levels • Well suited for a two or three course sequence • Commands and features new in AutoCAD 2021 are highlighted for easy access This book is your AutoCAD 2021 Instructor. The objective of this book is to provide you with extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, whether you are taking an instructor-led course or learning on your own. AutoCAD 2021 Instructor maintains the pedagogy and in-depth coverage that have always been the hallmark of the Leach texts. As the top-selling university textbook for almost a decade, the AutoCAD Instructor series continues to deliver broad coverage of AutoCAD in a structured, easy-to-comprehend manner. AutoCAD 2021 Instructor is command-oriented, just like AutoCAD. Chapters are structured around related commands, similar to the organization of AutoCAD’s menu system. The sequence of chapters starts with fundamental drawing commands and skills and then progresses to more elaborate procedures and specialized applications. The writing style introduces small pieces of information explained in simple form, and then builds on that knowledge to deliver more complex drawing strategies, requiring a synthesis of earlier concepts. Over 2000 figures illustrate the commands, features, and ideas. AutoCAD 2021 Instructor is an ideal reference guide, unlike tutorial-oriented books where specific information is hard to relocate. Because these chapters focus on related commands, and complete coverage for each command is given in one place, the commands, procedures, and applications are easy to reference. Tabbed pages help locate tables, lists, appendices, and the comprehensive index. What makes this book unique? • In depth coverage of AutoCAD 2021 commands and features • Command Tables indicate where to locate and how to start each command • TIP markers in the margin provide important tips, notes, reminders, short-cuts and identify what's new • Complete chapter exercises with many multi-chapter “REUSE” problems • Well suited for a two or three course sequence Table of Contents 1. Getting Started 2. Working with Files 3. Draw Command Concepts 4. Selection Sets 5. Helpful Commands 6. Basic Drawing Setup 7. Object Snap and Object Snap Tracking 8. Draw Commands I 9. Modify Commands I 10. Viewing Commands 11. Layers and Object Properties 12. Advanced Drawing Setup 13. Layouts and Viewports 14. Printing and Plotting 15. Draw Commands II 16. Modify Commands II 17. Inquiry Commands 18. Text and Tables 19. Grip Editing 20. Advanced Selection Sets 21. Blocks, DesignCenter, and Tool Palettes 22. Block Attributes and Data Links 23. Internet Tools and Collaboration 24. Multiview Drawing 25. Pictorial Drawings 26. Section Views 27. Auxiliary Views 28. Dimensioning 29. Dimension Styles and Variables 30. Xreferences 31. Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) 32. Advanced Layouts, Annotative Objects, and Plotting 33. 3D Basics, Navigation, and Visual Styles 34. User Coordinate Systems 35. Solid Model Construction 36. Solid Model Editing 37. Creating 2D Drawings from 3D Models Appendices Index Chapter Exercise Index
Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2021Daniel John Stine
• Starts at an introductory level • Project based tutorials design a house from start to finish • Bonus material covers Insight 360, finding missing elements, and much more • Helps you prepare for the Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2021 is designed for users completely new to Autodesk Revit. This text takes a project based approach to learning Autodesk Revit’s architectural tools in which you develop a single family residence all the way to photorealistic renderings like the one on the cover. The lessons begin with a basic introduction to Autodesk Revit 2021. The first four chapters are intended to get you familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools. Throughout the rest of the book a residential building is created and most of Autodesk Revit’s tools and features are covered in greater detail. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, floor plans, renderings, construction sets, etc. Table of Contents 1. Getting Started with Autodesk Revit 2021 2. Lake Cabin: Floor Plan 3. Overview of Linework and Modify Tools 4. Drawing 2D Architectural Objects 5. Floor Plan (First Floor) 6. Floor Plans (Second Floor and Basement Plans) 7. Annotation 8. Roof 9. Floor Systems and Reflected Ceiling Plans 10. Elevations 11. Sections 12. Interior Design 13. Schedules 14. Site Tools & Photo-Realistic Rendering 15. Construction Documents Set 16. Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing 17. Introduction to Revit Content Creation 18. Introduction to Computers Appendix A: Autodesk User Certification Exam Introduction Appendix B: Engineering Graphics Appendix C: Roof Study Workbook - Draft Edition Appendix D: Finding Missing Elements in Revit Appendix E: Introduction to Hand Sketching Appendix F: Building Performance Analysis in Revit and Insight 360
Canon EOS 90D For DummiesRobert Correll & Julie Adair King
Get excited about the Canon EOS 90D and all it can do! An amazing photo begins with a quality camera and the know-how to use it. If you’ve selected the Canon EOS 90D, you now have a digital camera that serves a range of photographers, from novices to professionals. It takes some know-how to take advantage of the camera’s upgrades to its sensor, shutter speed, and video capabilities. Fortunately, Canon EOS 90D For Dummies canhelp you maximize the potential of the camera and its features. Canon EOS 90D For Dummies lets you skip the photography class and start shooting high-quality images right away The book introduces the camera’s settings; explains how to take control of exposure, focus, and color; and shows how to put all this new-found knowledge to work to shoot great portraits or action shots. The book is co-written by a pair of photography pros who share their professional experience on how to apply simple techniques for great shots. Choose the best setting for your situation Manage focus and color Make the most of your lighting Understand camera settings Customize your camera to your needs Create remarkable photos and memories, whether you stick with user-friendly automatic settings or decide to dive into more advanced features. With your Canon EOS 90D and this book at your side, you can shoot quality video and capture moving subjects confidently.
The Digital NegativeJeff Schewe
Shooting in the raw format gives digital photographers complete control over every aspect of image quality. The Digital Negative is devoted exclusively to the topic and shows you how to make the most of that control to extract the best-possible raw rendering of your digital negatives and to use Photoshop to achieve the highest quality in your images. In this update of his best-selling book, renowned photographer and author Jeff Schewe outlines a foolproof process for working with these digital negatives and presents his real-world expertise on optimizing raw images. You’ll learn hands-on techniques for exposing and shooting for raw image capture and developing a raw processing workflow, as well as Photoshop techniques for perfecting the master image, converting color to black and white, and processing for panoramic and HDR images. This second edition covers all the major updates and new features in Camera Raw, Lightroom, and Photoshop, such as GPU acceleration, Radial Filters, Pano Merge, and more. Get the best tone and color from your digital negatives.Use Lightroom and Camera Raw sharpening controls to maximize image quality.Produce stunning black and white images.Learn how to remove people from photos in Photoshop using Smart Objects and Layer Blending.Use HDR in Camera Raw and Lightroom.And much more! Visit the book’s companion website at TheDigitalNegativeBook.com for sample images and more.
Introducing Hello iPhoto for iPad & iPhone - "the manual," reinvented with iBooks. Hello iPhoto interactively guides you through all the features of iPhoto. With over 200 screenshots, you're going to get an in-depth look at iPhoto and so many cool and hidden features. Hello iPhoto for iPad & iPhone features "Tap to Learn." Just tap what you're intrigued by and Hello iPhoto will teach it to you. While you're in a lesson, you'll notice magnifying bubbles in many screenshots so you'll never have to guess where the button or feature is that you're reading about. You'll learn about iTunes to sync your photos. You'll also learn about iPhoto for the Mac. This includes importing and organizing photos, and using Faces (face recognition) to organize your family and friends automatically. This is the beginning of our Hello series. Say tuned. Please feel free to follow us at facebook.com/ItsAboutTime and twitter.com/ItsAboutTime.
Apple Music: The Ultimate GuideiMore Editors
Apple Music is, to quote the company, "All the ways you love music. All in one place." It offers a music subscription service, curated playlists, an always-on 24/7 radio station, and access to your Mac’s library from any devices with iCloud Music Library. Naturally, such an ambitious service isn’t without its complications. If you want to love Apple Music, but it’s got you scratching your head, we’ve got the guide for you. In this book, we cover Apple Music’s basics, the difference between Apple Music and iTunes Match, what iCloud Music Library is (and what it does), and how to use iOS 8.4’s Music app, Apple Music Siri commands, and iTunes 12.2.
"Improve Your Photography" has been purchased by thousands of beginning photographers across the world and has been recently updated in this second edition. The book is packed full of quick and easy tips to encourage budding photographers to improve while learning concepts and technical information on photography. Jim explains this book this way, "This is what every photographer needs to know to take clean and stunning photos. If I would have had this book when I started, I would have been two years ahead of everyone else in just 100 pages." The book covers topics such as tips for taking better portraits of people, instruction on choosing lenses, tips for landscape and sunset photography, and HDR. Unlike most photography books that confuse beginning and intermediate photographers with difficult concepts and too much technical data, this book is designed specifically to teach photographers who are just learning how shutter speed, aperture, and ISO work together. "If I would have had this book when I started learning photography, I would have been two years ahead in learning."
Logic Pro X - How It WorksEdgar Rothermich
" Logic Pro X - How It Works " was not only the first manual available for Apple's music production app "Logic Pro X", it is the most comprehensive one and simply the best way to learn Logic. " Logic Pro X - How It Works " is also the only Logic book available as an interactive multi-touch eBook. On 849 pages, the author explains the app in great detail with additional background information that is often required to fully understand specific features. Many of the information regarding the functionality of Logic Pro X is found neither in the official documentation nor anywhere else. Logic Pro X is a very deep and sometimes complex application that users (beginners and pros alike) often struggle with. This is where the unique approach of the Graphically Enhanced Manuals series come in. No matter how complex or complicated the subject is, the author provides easy to understand graphics and diagrams that let the reader understand and master the material. This interactive multi-touch eBook includes a 600 term Glossary that is linked throughout the content of the book. This is part one of two Logic books. " Logic Pro X - How It Works " and " Logic Pro X - The Details " Readers love this unique way of leaning applications no matter how easy or complicated the app might be. Here are some responses from satisfied customers: "I wish all the manuals on software were like yours!" - Giovanni C. "You have the gift of making difficult concepts understandable" - William B. "Your style is the most informative and clear I have ever seen" - Mark D. "Great stuff Edgar! I bought your other Logic GEM books and love em..." - fform "Thank you so much for your fantastic guides; I've learned so much!" - Brandon B. "I love your manuals." - Eli. UNDERSTAND , not just LEARN That is the motto of the book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (GEM). They're a new type of manual with a visual approach that helps you UNDERSTAND a program, not just LEARN it. No need to read through 500 pages of dry text explanations. Rich graphics and diagrams help you to get that "aha" effect and make it easy to comprehend difficult concepts. The Graphically Enhanced Manuals help you master a program much faster with a much deeper understanding of concepts, features and workflows in a very intuitive way that is easy to understand
Final Cut Pro X - How It WorksEdgar Rothermich
This book is an old version for Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9 The new book for version 10.3 is called "Final Cut Pro 10.3 - How it Works" and is also available on the iBooks Store